A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Floral Velvet

Today is the first day of "spring" a.k.a. everything is still covered in snow for the next 2 months. At this time of the year, I often feel the urge to get in my closet and do some spring cleaning. I feel that as I get older, it will be important to focus on quality rather than quantity of clothing. I have had a bad habit in the past of buying many pieces of inexpensive clothing as I get bored easily; I have been trying to change this into investing in good quality pieces that have wardrobe longevity. I want pieces that can be styled in many different ways and are nicely made so you can keep them for many years. I also need to be careful about finding pieces that are too trendy; they look dated quickly and are harder to style.
One piece of clothing that I wish I would have invested in is a floral velvet dress. I was eyeballing one from Free People but ended up buying a similar one from Zara for less than half the price. Unfortunately, the Zara one is made from a crappy-quality burnout velvet fabric while the Free People one felt lovely. I have worn this dress A LOT, it is perfect for wearing out to dinner, etc. as it is nice but not TOO fancy. I have also been able to style it with various accessories, jackets, and shoes. For the amount of times I have worn it, I wish I would have got the better quality one. 

EQUIPMENT

Earrings: Random Etsy Store. Pressed Eyeshadow: MAC Night Manouevres, loose eyeshadows made by me, MAC Rags to Riches, some old bracelets that my mom gave me.
OUTFIT


Dress: Zara
Boots: Le Chateau

EQUIPMENT

Buxom Lips Gabby, cuff: Le Chateau, earrings: Zara

OUTFIT


Boots: Steve Madden

When it comes to clothing, what is more important to you: quantity or quality?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! That is such a nice print. Much cooler than the typical floral ditsy prints and grandma florals that come out this time. Quality is much more important to me...I literally don't have the room to buy new clothes all the time lol

    ReplyDelete