A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sisters

A few months ago, my sister came to visit. We went to an Our Lady Peace concert for nostalgia's sake; we used to listen to them together when we were kids. The opening band was I Mother Earth featuring Edwin.........it was very......interesting. While Our Lady Peace is a very talented live band, I Mother Earth was looking a lot less polished, so to speak. 
I recently read some article that said most people stop listening to new music at the age of 33. I'm not quite there yet but I feel that this has happened to me. I don't think I have listened to a new band or bought tickets to a concert for a new band in YEARS. The only exception to this has been going to yearly summer music festivals where there are always many bands I have never heard of. What is up with this? I need to go out and buy a bunch of CD's of stuff I have never heard of or something to get myself out of this weird nostalgic rut (YES, I AM THE LAST PERSON ON EARTH WHO STILL BUYS AND LISTENS TO CD'S, I am not up with the times). I also need to quit my job with dramatic flair, drastically change careers, and cover myself with tattoos but that's not going to happen any time soon. *SIGH*

THE EQUIPMENT

Cuff: Le Chateau, Earrings: Shades of Grey Boutique (local), OCC Stained Gloss in Jealous.
THE OUTFIT


Jacket: Bebe
Dress: Le Chateau
Tights: H&M
Boots: Guess

SISTERS


My sister and I are pretty much opposites when it comes to style. I slather myself in makeup, she doesn't wear any most of the time. I like to over dress for any occasion, she likes to keep things casual. 

What new music are you listening to lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally different in style from my sister too. I always try to listen to new things. I was on a surf rock kick for a long time.

    ReplyDelete