A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, April 10, 2017

Brown

For as long as I can remember, I have always strongly disliked the colour brown. Lately, for some reason, I have started to see its appeal and have been adding some brown to my wardrobe and makeup. Today's outfits feature a neat dress that I found on a clearance rack. I was surprised that it was so inexpensive since the fabric has a nice weight and feel to it.....turns out it is made of something called Tencel which comes from wood pulp or something like that. When I looked up the clothing company's website, I saw that the dress also comes in black......I feel like I should prefer the black one but I am strangely attracted to the colour of this dress. It is such a neat colour of brown; it also looks different depending on how the light hits it. Sometimes it has a bit of a grey or green undertone, sometimes there is a bit of an orange-ish cast to it. It is hard to explain unless you see it in person but I think it is really cool.

THE EQUIPMENT

Necklace: Simon's
OUTFIT


Dress: Sloane Rouge
Boots: Aldo

EQUIPMENT

Tokyomilk Dark Get Lucky Lip Tint, String Choker Necklace thinger from Le Chateau

OUTFIT


Boots: Guess

I have added a few brown-toned lipglosses to my stash recently as well.

LIP STUFF

Black Up Cosmetics Lipshine in Chestnut Brown and Dark Chocolate, Bite Beauty Prismatic Pearl Creme Lipgloss in Bronze Pearl.
Are you a fan of brown?

3 comments:

  1. Browns and oranges have no place in my wardrobe, except for lipsticks - I'm really, really fond of dark brown lips <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like a true, deep chocolate brown, especially when paired with black, soft pink, or deep red. I also like the brown-coppery shades for lipsticks and eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought about brown for lips... Don't know why! I love love your necklaces. I wear a lot of brown myself since that's half my hair color these days

    ReplyDelete