A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, April 21, 2017

Casual Friday: The Statement Scarf

Spring has arrived, which means it's time for all of the trendy blogs to feature people frolicking outside in their fashionable outfits. Where I live, we just got a whole whack of snow and there is probably more to come. Since it is cold out 8 months of the year, I have been trying to make my outerwear ensembles more interesting.....even if I am just going to the grocery store. Today's outfit consists of a casual jacket with a pair of jeans. To make things a bit more interesting, I added some suede over the knee boots and a super cool scarf that my friend knitted for me. The scarf is one of my favourite outerwear pieces as it's nice and warm and really makes a statement! I also wore some earrings that I got recently......they are ears wearing earrings that I wear in my ears.......I am not all there so I find this to be highly amusing.

THE EQUIPMENT

Scarf knitted by my friend, Black Up Cosmetics Lipshine in Chestnut Brown, Earrings: Martha Rotten.
THE OUTFIT


Jacket: Zara
Sunglasses and Jeans: Guess
Boots: Aldo

If there is nothing interesting for me to do on my days off, I usually try to cook something decent for supper. I used to hate cooking but these days I find it's a good stress reliever; it keeps your hands and mind occupied. 

VERMICELLI SALAD WITH TOFU AND LIME CURRY SAUCE


How do you style your outerwear?

2 comments:

  1. Lol I love the EARings! I don't know how you live so far north...I don't really style my outerwear... Maybe a few pins or a hat. Mostly I just give up until summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner looks delicious! I like to wear hats, pattern scarves and put pins or brooches on my jacket. Mostly I just want to be warm, but in the Spring and Autumn months I find myself switching up coats and handbags, etc.

    ReplyDelete