A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Questionable Attire: The Shorts Jumpsuit and Thigh High Boots

Lately, I have developed an odd penchant for selecting clothes that are not really all that great for my body type. I have been eyeballing (and purchasing) things such as thigh-high and over the knee boots, short dresses, and oversized/menswear tops. For someone who is larger in the chest and thighs, these are not necessarily the most flattering choices. I often fluctuate between thinking that one should stick with what looks good on their body type and saying f*** it, I'll wear what I want. On the one hand, I like to look nice in my clothing; on the other hand, it is not my job to be visually appealing to others and I enjoy experimenting with outfits and makeup. I suppose it depends on how I feel, sometimes I feel a bit more toned down; other times, I feel like saying what the hell and wearing something that will get me the side-eye all day. 
One nice thing about where I live is that there are a variety of alternative dance nights to go to. These are great because I can wear anything I like and I don't have to worry about running into someone from work whilst wearing green lipstick or something. For this particular evening, I wore a shorts jumpsuit...... I NEVER wear shorts OR jumpsuits but I could not resist this one; it was on the clearance rack and it has the most amazing flowing sleeves ever! I paired it with another questionable wardrobe choice: thigh high boots. I am not sure that they are the most flattering but I LOVE THEM.....they are made of beautiful olive green suede. I wonder if I should have got them in black instead but I couldn't resist the olive green. (I also couldn't resist wearing metallic olive green lipstick with them!)

THE EQUIPMENT

Earrings: Killstar Clothing, UD Moondust eyeshadow in Zodiac, Estee Lauder Cyber Eyes eyeshadow in Cyber Green, Portland Black Lipstick in Metallurgy.

THE "I LOOK LIKE I HAVEN'T SLEPT FOR DAYS" OUTFIT PICTURE
(sad that this was the best one of the bunch)


Ridiculous Shorts Jumpsuit: Express
Tights: H&M
Ridiculous Thigh High Boots: Aldo

So what say you? Would you rather experiment with your look or just stick with what looks good on you?

5 comments:

  1. Whoah, I wouldn't guess it's a jumpsuit, it looks so rad. I also wouldn't guess this look is what you call 'unflattering', like, where? You have nice strong legs, perfect to wear tough boots and show them :D
    I like to experiment with fashion, but regardless if I do it or don't, my fashion choices are always unflattering >D I'd say if a person feels good in a garment, then it is flattering, if not - it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning outfit! The color of the boots is perfect, because the olive green stands out against the black (and very cool floaty) jumpsuit. I think it looks very good on you.
    - Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jumpsuits and omg those sleeves are awesome!! I haven't been in Express in ages--that's quite a find! I like the olive boots--they make your legs look really long for some reason..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I saw the post title. But wow! It's a great outfit! I love the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete