A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Metallic Skirt

This winter, metallic pleated skirts were EVERYWHERE. I bought one that is a lovely dark blackened gold colour and it has been well used since I got it. It is the perfect piece to wear with my gold and bronze-toned accessories. For the winter season, I have been wearing it with tights and boots.  I tried wearing it with over the knee boots on a particularly cold day but I think the skirt looks better with ankle boots. It is light enough that I may be able to wear it for the spring and summer with some sandals or open-toed shoes. One thing that drives me nuts about the skirt is that it's TERRIBLE for static cling! It is supposed to be a flowing skirt with MOVEMENT but half the time it is stuck to my tights with a vengeance. It gets REALLY FREAKIN' DRY here in the wintertime. 
Speaking of wintertime, the weather here has been really sh*tty despite the fact that it is "spring". Therefore I am just going to keep dressing in my fall/winter styles and ignoring the fact that we are entering my least favourite fashion seasons. 

THE EQUIPMENT

Earrings: Catherinette Rings, Watch: Nixon, Necklace: Buffalo, Tokyomilk Dark Get Lucky Lip Tint.

MAC Firm Form Lipstick....it is quite wearable for daytime if you sheer it out.
THE OUTFIT


TOP: Dex
SKIRT: 
BOOTS: Aldo

THE EQUIPMENT

Black Up Cosmetics Lipshine in Chesnut Brown, Jewellery from an alternative craft fair.

THE OUTFIT AND JAMES


I decided not to crop James out of the picture since he was in the mood for posing. He is wearing his collar with glow in the dark skulls on it.

TOP & TIGHTS: H&M
BOOTS: Le Chateau
CAT: James

Are you enjoying the spring fashion season?

1 comment:

  1. Great outfits! I think the skirt works with tall and short boots.

    Static is dreadful here in the winter. I found an anti-static petticoat, and it's pretty much the best clothing item I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete