A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Casual Friday: Slubbin' It

Recently, I have noticed that linen fabric is quite trendy and I have been looking for pieces to add to my wardrobe. I found a really neat grey wool and linen slub skirt whilst online shopping; I am quite in love with it as the fabric is excellent quality and I have never owned anything made of such a material before. 
When I first laid eyes upon a piece that was made of linen slub fabric, I'll admit that I had to look up what in the f*** that meant. For someone who obsessively hunts down new and interesting things to add to my closet, I really should be more familiar with my textile terminology. 

THE EQUIPMENT

MAC Cremesheen Gloss in Dark Outsider, Martha Rotten earrings.
THE OUTFIT


Sweater: Cheap Monday
Skirt: Muku 
Boots: Le Chateau

Does anyone have any good book suggestions for learning about fabrics? YEAH I KNOW I could just fire up google but I am old school and like to have books to look at. 

3 comments:

  1. Interesting choice, something I would have rather expected on an alternative kindergarden teacher than on you! ^^ But your combination makes it look cool!

    Learning about fabrics? I know either online pages or German books. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slub? Never heard of it. Lol I usually look up words I don't know in the dictionary (I have many of them). There's no doubt a fabric dictionary out there... Would be nice to have swatches too. I've seen stitch dictionaries for crochet after all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, outfit I like the contrast between the two fabric they look amazing. I love your boots.

    ReplyDelete