A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, October 19, 2017

2 for 1

As I am trying to clear my summer outfits out of my folder (SINCE IT'S FREAKING THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER ALREADY), today's post shall contain not 1 but 2 outfits. Wow.

The first outfit is gold and brass themed. It was fairly casual as I wore it to go for a bite to eat and then to a friend's house party. The shirt has a neat gold tentacle and bubble print on it as well as a cute ruffle neckline. It is also longer in the back and has a neat shape to it; it's one of my favourite casual tops.

 THE EQUIPMENT

Bracelets: old, my mom gave them to me. Ring: was my mom's grandmother's I believe. Earrings: Studio Valyr (Etsy)

THE OUTFIT


Top: Plastik Wrap

Outfit numero dos was worn to a luncheon event for which I had to endeavour to look somewhat spring-y and festive. I managed to sneak in a couple of alternative elements such as spikes, animal print, and black lace. 

THE EQUIPMENT

Necklace: Bunny Paige.
THE OUTFIT


Skirt: Was looking to add some lace to my wardrobe, found a skirt for $10 at a secondhand store.

WOO-HOO, Halloween is coming up soon! I just finished my costume and my good old friends are coming to visit! We are doing a group costume as we have many times before. This year we are doing old-school Blade Runner; we felt it was the year to do it as the new movie just came out. We are also going to see Depeche Mode!!

Now if only I can get through work until then.....it has been an utter GONG SHOW.....it is always a gong show but it is particularly bad right now. Hopefully I shall survive the the copious overtime, weeping, and gnashing of teeth that shall occur over the next week or so......

3 comments:

  1. I love the peplum look on you, it hugs your figure so well! And kudos for still having summer outfits, I'm currently wrapped in two cardigans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree... How do you pull off peplums so well???? And I *can't wait* to see the blade runner outfits.

      Delete
  2. Bladerunner shared costumes and Depeche Mode... just when I couldn't get any more jelly of you lol.
    You look amazing as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete