Here is the outfit that I wore to "Phase 1" of Festival Kinetik 2009, which was the opening night. I had the pleasure of seeing the following industrial bands live: Corrupted suburbs, Ayria, Memmaker, Terrorfakt, Project Pitchfork, Interlace, and Marching Dynamics. My personal favourites were Ayria, who is Canadian and put on an excellent live show. I have also seen her in concert where I live, which was sweet because there isn't much of a scene for that kind of music here. The best part of the night for me was Memmaker. They are Canadian as well. I had never heard of them before that night, but they all came out in lab coats and blew me away with some of the most danceably delicious music ever! It was awesome! For this festival night, I went with a pink and black theme, inspired by Ayria. My makeup was super simple, I'm not sure what the hell I was on that day, usually I go pretty all out, espeically when pink and black is involved.
THE SPARSE MINIMALIST EQUIPMENT
1. MAC Glimmerglass in Blackfire: This gloss looks fantastic over pink lipsticks and darkens them up a bit!
2. Manic Panic eyeshadow in Mod-A-Go-Go, whatever that means: It's neon, it's sparkly, it's UV reactive, and it STAINS MY EYES ARGH! It does look good on, though. It can be applied dry or wet, which I find is helpful.
3. Evil Shades eyeshadow in Lucia: This is a great colour, I can't wait to try blending this one with some black, sparkly eyeshadows!
4. Evil Shades Blush in Backtalk: This blush is too dark for me for day wear, but I think it will be very useful to me in the near future for goth clubbing!
5. Make up Store Glitter in Pink Light: I enjoy using this glitter for dusting oneself, and for mixing with eyeliner seal to get a fabulous, sparkly, UV reactive pink eyeliner. ***SAFETY ALERT: in huge letters on the bottom of the pot, it says NOT FOR USE AROUND EYES.***
6. Glamour Doll Eyes Glamour Gloss in Fashionista: It's UV reactive. That's why I got it. I have a review of some GDE stuff coming soon.
7. Sugarpill Chromalust in Magnetric: This is an awesome colour. Enough Said.
8. Evil Shades Hardcore Lips in Not Your Barbie: Love this colour! It's super bright and looks awesome on it's own, but I would like to experiment with wearing it over/mixing it with black lipstick somehow.....
9. Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Dollipop: Who doesn't love this colour? I'll for sure crack this out next time I'm going pinky goth!
10. Hot Topic neon pink nail polish: It's the worst nail polish you'll ever try, but it was $1 and it's UV reactive.
11. Candy Yum Yum: This is not UV reactive, but it almost "glows" in the daytime! This would be a fantastic lipstick for a neon pink cyber goth type of look!
12.OPI That's Berry Daring - Um, this isn't really gothy, nor do I use it for goth pursuits, nor will I use it. I think I just got a bit weird and started grabbing pink stuff out of my traincase!
13. Persephone Minerals Pinkaholic Anonymous: This shade is really bright and shiny, I've been wanting to try it over top of a darker pink to add some texture. I think it might look neat over a black base as well!
14. Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Rose Pink: Oh Stargazer eyeshadows, you are so chalky but you glow under blacklight so I still use you even though I kinda don't like you.
15. MAC Glitter in Reflects Very Pink - It makes a great eyeliner when mixed with an eyeliner seal. It also looks great over top of black eyeshadow.
16. MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold: It's brash, it's bold, and it looks great with black eyeliner.
17. Lise Watier loose eyeshadow in Folie D'Amour: I use this as a dramatic highlighter or over blush. I wouldn't do this for every day wear, but when you're going for something a bit more "out there", using it as a highlighter can work.
18. Persephone Minerals Pink Sugar Heart Attack: Um, just grabbin' pink stuff again. It's bright, but not as bright as I'd like for a goth look.
If this post sounds a bit cracked out, it's because I slept for 2 hours last night, wrote a huge exam, and ate nothing but coffee and some old croutons that I found for lunch. That's how my day is going up in here!
Also, thanks everyone for the great nail polish recommendations! :)